Thursday, August 19, 2010

30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE: Day 09 - A song you can dance to

Whew...this one took a while.  Sorry for the delay, we'll call it writer's block...

So those of you who who've seen me on stage or on a dance floor, know without a doubt that I can't dance at all...not one bit.  I look like an epileptic in the middle of a fit, or as one girl told me a few years ago, a drunken leprechaun with a broken foot (true story).  It's been hard to come up with a song I can dance to; really dance to...let myself go and just feel the music dance to. There is one song though, that starts my foot a-tappin' and eventually works its way up to my hips and gets that swing going.  It's called Wagon Wheel and everyone and there brother have covered it, and I love every version.

The first version I heard was done by Old Crow Medicine Show, though it is rumored that Bob Dylan himself penned it.  Look up "Bob Dylan + Wagon Wheel" on youtube, and you will not find the "original version" but you will damn sure find over 500 different videos of people covering the song...it's amazing.



Then there was Mumford and Sons...currently my favorite:


and I shit you not...Against Me!


Seducing Alice has a damn fine version of the song as well...I'm sometimes convinced it's the only reason we keep getting work.

1 comment:

  1. Well it's certainly the only reason I go to your shows when I can.

    ReplyDelete